International Brands Group (IBG) is a global leader in design, development, sourcing and sales of branded sports, outdoor, uniform and safety footwear and apparel.
At IBG we are hungry for success, entrepreneurial in how we conduct business, trusted by our partners and we have lots of fun along the way! Our team comes from all corners of the globe, each with different backgrounds and experiences, offering their own unique set of skills. It is our people that make the business and grow our brands.
With production mostly in Asia and customers globally, the flow of goods is managed by the Operations & Finance team from our office in Naarden. For this team, we are looking for a financial administrator with a hands-on mentality, a good business sense and a few years of experience in Dutch accounting at an (international) trading or logistics company.
In this role you are the link between finance and operations. Besides the usual accounting procedures, payments and reporting, you understand the supply chain from factory to freight forwarder and warehouse to customer. Terms like ‘FOB’ do not scare you off. You are aware of shipments moving, creating Letters of Credit and Bills of Lading. You also know the value of the stock, communicating with the customer service department on the movement of goods and updating the books and systems. Switching and linking the different systems you work with become second nature.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you work closely with your finance and operations colleagues in an open workspace, as well as with the rest of the team in the Naarden office and abroad.
With the existing brands and the new brands launching in the upcoming months, there is lots of exciting stuff going on in the business, and we would love to have you as a part of it!
SPECIFICATION OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Perform daily accounting procedures
· Manage base data of financial system
· Create regular reports
· Stock and warehouse reporting
· Prepare financial statements for customers
· Set up payment runs
· Approve draft bank guarantee documents (LC’s) from customer’s bank before shipment
· Manage export documentation relating to Letters of Credit and Bills of Exchange
· Support the Finance Manager in day-to-day activities or requests made by colleagues, customers, suppliers or other related parties
· Manage the work of the junior finance assistant
· Education in MBO Business Administration and/ or Logistics
· MBO level of thinking and working
· Fluent in English, preferrably also in Dutch
· 3-7 years of relevant experience in Dutch accounting, preferrably at an (international) trading or logistics company
· Good understanding of flow of goods, shipping
· Computer literate (Outlook, Work, Excel, SAP, Exact, Twinfield, Power BI)
· High level of integrity and initiative
· Proactive and customer-oriented attitude
· Being able to work both independently and in a team
Questions or applying directly? Please contact Suzanne van Tiel at firstname.lastname@example.org or call her on 020 225 9093.