International Brands Group (IBG) is a global leader in the design, development, sourcing and sales of branded sports, outdoor, uniform and safety footwear and apparel. With over 40 years of experience in the industry and a global loyal customer base, IBG is a stable business partner for our global client base, and a great company to work for!
This is a truly exciting time to join our expanding team as the business grows. IBG sells to leading high street retailers, major corporate organisations and public services, such as Ministeries of Defence, Police and public health organisations, and direct to consumer through our own webshops and selected online retailer partners.
With production and warehouses in various facilities in both Europe and Asia, the flow of goods is managed by the team from our Head Office in Naarden. For this fun, dynamic and entrepreneurial international team made up of 11 nationalities, we are looking to add a talented team member in the role of
Operations & Logistics Manager
In this new role within the company, reporting to the Director of Finance & Operations, you are the essential link between IBG, factories, freight forwarders and customers. You are responsible for the planning of operational and logistical activities from order intake to delivery to the customer and everything in between.
Your main objective is to ensure shipments get from point A to point B on time and on budget, keeping container optimisation in mind. Achieving this objective involves communication with the factories, negotiation with freight forwarders and other parties.
With your experience in logistics, you have full knowledge of documentation, shipping, storage, and distribution. You will coordinate the packaging and processing of shipments together with factories.
Besides the shipping you manage the warehousing of goods. By organising, planning, and carrying out inventories you are constantly aware of the stock positions, working closely with the finance department.
You will be the provider of all operational data reporting to aid the leadership team with their drive for continuous improvement and sales maximisation.
Your daily contacts are with the factories, logistics partners, warehousing working closely with IBG’s customer service team on order and shipment status and the finance team on valuation of goods.
· 8-12 years of working experience in the field of logistics, warehousing and (international) operations planning, dealing with freight forwarders and factories
· A knowledge of Letters of Credit and related shipping documentations
· Good understanding of international trading and a strong business sense
· High level of integrity and initiative, driven to grow and evolve with this role as the new brands establish themselves within our business
· Experience with customer service dealings both B2B and B2C
· A detailed mindset with regards documentation and processes
· Leadership skills
· Strong negotiation skills
· Proactive and customer-oriented attitude
· Being able to work both independently and in a team
· Fluent in English
What we offer in addition to a competitive salary:
· 25 holiday days, plus bridge days, such as Christmas holiday closing
· Health insurance compensation
· Company pension
· Travel allowance
· Laptop and mobile phone
· Summer and Christmas parties with partners, and other celebratory events
· Comfortable office environment near beautiful Naarden-Vesting
You will be welcomed in an international hard working, progressive and fun-loving team of 20 colleagues in a flat hierarchy where individuals, their ideas and their contributions make a real difference to the running of the business.
At IBG we are hungry for success, entrepreneurial in how we conduct business, trusted by our partners and we have lots of fun along the way! Our team comes from all corners of the globe, each with different backgrounds and experiences, offering their own unique set of skills.
It is our people that make the difference. Join us!
For questions about this position or the procedure, please contact Suzanne van Tiel, via email: email@example.com or by telephone: +31 (0)20 225 90 93.
We are looking forward to your receiving your application!